First Time Employer Pack
Get it right from the beginning
Building a team is a huge decision. Being responsible for someone else’s livelihood, wondering if client demand will continue to grow to cover the wages, having to learn the legal framework, paying enough and having the right documents are just a few of the worries. There is often a nagging fear that you might have missed something which will leave you owing money or finding yourself in Court.
Maybe it is your first time hiring. Or maybe you’ve hired before and just want to make sure that you didn’t miss anything. Either way – like anything else in business – a good process to follow can take away these worries.
How much is a poor hiring process costing you?
Most business owners don’t create hiring processes that can protect them. Poor hiring processes can lead to:
Hiring your first or next employee doesn't have to be overwhelming.
Our team at 3D HR Legal have been helping business owners and managers protect their business whilst creating a thriving workplace culture for employees for over 20 years.
We remove the overwhelm when it comes to legal requirements and have all the resources and support you need when it comes to creating and managing your team.
First Time Employer Pack
Whether you’ve hired before or not, our First Time Employer Pack will help you understand the Australian employment law framework*. You’ll receive a step-by-step guide starting from when you’ve made the decision to hire right through to your employee’s first day of work.
The First Time Employer Pack includes everything you need to DIY your Employment contracts, including:
*This pack is only applicable to businesses covered by the Federal industrial relations system. If you are in WA and covered by the Western Australian system, some of the content in this pack around Awards will not apply to you, however the overall process and many of the supporting documents will still apply.
Work with us for where you are now
Our team is looking forward to helping your team grow.
Set me up
- This option is great for you if you are a little time poor, want complete comfort that your employment process is meeting all legal requirements, and you have all the legal documents you need to make it happen. It includes:
- 15 minute onboarding call
- Written legal advice confirming what Federal award is relevant for your business and employee#
- A telephone consult to talk through the award advice and any questions you may have about the First Time Employer Pack process
- One template employment contract customised for your business
DIY with a bit of legal advice
- The award system can be a very tricky place to navigate.
This option is right for you if you are comfortable to DIY but just need some legal guidance to point you in the right direction for where you need to be looking, and what you need to be complying with.
In addition to the First Time Employer Pack, this option comes with:
- 15 minute onboarding call
- Written legal advice confirming what Federal award is relevant for your business and employee*
- A telephone consult to talk through the award advice and any questions you may have about the First Time Employer Pack process.
- This option is right for you if you want to do it yourself.
You feel pretty confident that with the 10 step process in the First Time Employer Pack and all the templates that you will be all set.
* Limited to 1 award. Where multiple awards will apply we will confirm any additional cost before commencing work. # Limited to 2 awards. Where more awards will apply we will confirm any additional cost before commencing work.
What others say:
I found the First Time Employer Pack to be comprehensive as it provided absolutely everything I needed. While I ended up pausing the hiring process for a few months after not finding the right candidates, I came back to the pack later and was able to easily pick up where I left off with all of the key information and forms I needed, in one place.
It is comprehensive with helpful checklists, guides, forms as well as tips for avoiding common risk areas. I found it to be an incredibly straightforward and helpful solution.
The First Time Employer Pack was fantastic for us because it provided different options to suit what we needed - at nowhere near the cost that I had expected. Having that information easily at hand and the backup one-on-one support made the process so much less difficult than I had imagined.
There is no excuse to procrastinate on hiring staff now!
If you have a contract that hasn’t been updated for over 2 years then I highly recommend a review. There have been lots of changes to the law (casual conversion, new NES conditions and so on). Send us your contract and we can give you a quote to review, highlight any issues, and draft updates to make sure it is all up to date.
At least one. If you have both permanent (full/part time) employees and casual employees then we recommend two. If there is more than one award that covers the employees in your business, then you also may want to have separate templates for each award to easily cover the different conditions – and avoid confusion when completing the template.
Absolutely. One of our favourite things to do is help business owners put in place the legal documents they need to ensure that they are compliant with employment laws.
This is a digital product and you can expect it all to arrive in your inbox within 15-minutes of purchase. If you haven’t seen it, please check your junk mail inbox just in case, then contact us if required.